(Warning, this article is not PG 13 rated!)
Have you ever considered the value that sex appeal has throughout a negotiation? Do you use it to boost your negotiation outcomes? Do you recognize the fact that sex appeal is prevalent in every negotiation? If you don’t, you should.
Here’s another potentially mind altering thought. It’s a recognized fact that, men and women do it differently… negotiate that is, but are you aware that sex appeal occurs when men are negotiating with other men and when women are negotiating with other women?
Before you become alarmed, let me state that I’m not indicating the emotional feelings you may have for the other negotiator, or the feelings he may possess for you, is one whereby either of you want to consummate the negotiation by performing an act of love. I’m speaking of sex appeal from one of the dictionary definitions which is, ‘stimulating attractiveness’. Some might call it an admiration you possess, but without ‘going Freudian’, I submit that there’s a lot more to the allure that you can emit and receive as the result of the appeal you and the other negotiator have for one another.
So, how do you maximize your sex appeal during a negotiation? You can start by utilizing the following strategies.
· Create an amorous environment by being somewhat appealing when negotiating. I’m not implying you should be unprofessional, or through your actions imply that there’s ‘more to come’, outside of that for which you’re negotiating. I’m suggesting, by being aware of the appeal that exist within the negotiation, you can increase the bonding process and enhance the overall flow of the negotiation.
· Have you ever liked someone so much that they made you like yourself more? Psychologically, you transferred the likable trait from the other person to yourself. In so doing, to a degree, you became like that person. When you sense someone wants to assume traits you possess, use your appeal to allow such conveyance to occur. By doing so, you’ll increase your sex appeal.
· It’s already a known fact that men and women negotiate differently. That’s not to imply that either sex should use their body to become advantaged during negotiations, but in reality they do. They do so through the smile that conveys a sentiment, a gesture that highlights agreement with a proposal, and by the manner in which they hold themselves (body language), when negotiating. Such gestures convey insight into the mental state of mind the person with whom you’re negotiating possess at that moment. Pay attention to such signals and be prepared to incorporate them in your efforts to enhance your sex appeal.
The above strategies may be difficult for some to master and implement. Once you do master the above strategies, you’ll have another strong negotiation tool from which to gain an additional advantage… and everything will be right with the world.
The Negotiation Tips Are…
· When negotiating, assess the characteristics you possess and consider what can be perceived as an allure by the other negotiator. Then, consider using that allure during the negotiations.
· Body language plays an enormous role in projecting sex appeal into a negotiation. Be cautious about crossing an imaginary line that implies there’s more to your body language intentions than what is meant.
· If you sense that misguided intentions are perceived as the result of your sex appeal being misconstrued, set the record straight sooner versus later. Don’t let sex appeal cast you in an unprofessional light.